(No Longer Available) Associate Trademark Attorney Wanted
Update: This position has been filled and is no longer available.
Small trademark law firm and legal startup with one founding partner, two associate attorneys, and one paralegal based in DUMBO, Brooklyn looking for its third full-time associate attorney, primarily to handle federal trademark clearance search, filing, and prosecution work. Position is ideal for a recent law school graduate or someone with up to three years of legal experience.
About this job:
● Salary is between $65,000 and $75,000 depending on experience and qualifications, plus substantial bonus based on individual performance and the growth of the firm (generally 10% of salary in a decent year).
● Great health insurance and paid leave.
● Excellent remote working opportunities and flexible, reasonable hours. No billable hour requirement because we operate on a flat fee basis.
● Associate will have their own small office in a large, beautiful loft space in DUMBO, Brooklyn. Tiny, quiet dog in the office about two to three days a week. Friendly, hypoallergenic cat in the office about once every couple of weeks. Surrounding neighborhood is beautiful and the office is about two blocks from DUMBO’s riverside parks.
● Completely casual dress code.
● High upward mobility at a rapidly growing firm. Great for somebody with an interest in tech startups.
● After initial training, will be given substantial work very early on. The work will be interesting, as our clients operate in a variety of industries.
● The founder of the firm is a socialist and we regularly host DSA meetings and fundraisers for candidates in our office. We encourage pro bono work for socialist, anti-white supremacy, feminist, LGBTQ, pro-immigrant, and other leftist causes, but it is not required.
About the firm:
● JPG Legal is a trademark law firm and legal startup that primarily serves entrepreneurs and small businesses who find and hire JPG Legal online. About half of our clients are based in foreign countries. We’ve experienced rapid year-over-year growth and plan to develop our own legal software over the course of the next year or two.
● DUMBO, Brooklyn at 68 Jay Street, Suite 612. Two blocks from the York Street F train stop, ten-minute walk from the High Street/Brooklyn Bridge A and C train stop, roughly 12-minute walk from Clark Street 2/3 station. The building has elevators and ramps, but is probably not fully ADA-compliant.
● Must be licensed as an attorney in New York or have passed the appropriate bar exam and filed the all of the necessary character and fitness paperwork in order to be sworn in. Please do not apply if this is not the case. We cannot accept candidates who are licensed in another state with plans to apply for admission on motion in New York, nor can we accept candidates who have passed the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE), but have not submitted everything necessary to be sworn in.
● Trademark experience or demonstrated interest in intellectual property law strongly preferred.
● While our clients speak every language imaginable, fluency in Spanish would be particularly helpful for this position, but is not required. Fluency in any other widely spoken language is also a big plus.
● An affinity for computers and technology is preferred.
● Strong writing skills and a good attention to detail are important for this position. While writing for our legal blog is not a requirement, you are welcome to contribute posts.
● To apply, please upload resume, cover letter, references, and unofficial transcript below. We will start conducting candidate interviews in late February or early March. We apologize in advance if we don’t end up contacting you about the position.
Have questions? Contact Jeremy at (917) 268-7054 or email@example.com.